3/4 cups gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 small red pepper, small dice
1/2 red onion, small dice
3-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
2 14 oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp EVOO + 2 more
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
Preheat oven to 375F.
1. Heat up 2 tablespoons of EVOO over medium low heat. At the onions, peppers and garlic, and saute for about 5-10 minutes, or until tender. Set aside.
2. Place oats and pumpkin seeds in a food processor. Blend until coarse (about 10-30 seconds). Add everything else into the food process including the pepper and onion mixture but excluding the rice. Blend until almost smooth (it’s ok to be a bit chunky).
3. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and fold in the rice. Once combined, line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
4. Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop out the mixture and place on your baking sheet, patting it down with your hands so that each patty is about 3/4 inches thick. Repeat for the rest of the burgers (you should end up with about 9 patties).
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate the pan 180 degrees and rotate shelves (place the top one on the bottom one and vice versa – this ensures even cooking) and bake another 10-15 minutes or until firm.
6. Serve as you would any other burger! Enjoy!
See the video: